The 2019 season of NCCSA Academic Testing begins soon, and NCCSA schools will be using the TestPoint ™ Academic Testing Competition Program (ATCP) for the online testing process again this year.
Please carefully review each ATCP detail below:
- NCCSA schools may order tests from January 10 through January 20. Visit http://testpoint.net/testing-products/academic-testing and click the Order Form link to register.
- The 2019 pricing is as follows: $7.50 per elementary test and $10.00 per junior/senior high test.
- The 2019 NCCSA testing window is January 20 through February 20. Students may take tests any time during this period (under proctor supervision).
- If a school orders multiple tests from the same test category, all of those tests must be taken on the same day. For example, all third grade math tests must be taken on the same day.
- Proctor instructions and testing details will be emailed to the testing coordinator after the order is submitted.
- Four short informational training videos are available within your school’s account via the “Help” tab. Because schools may now be charged by the number of support calls made to High Ground Solutions, we urge all testing coordinators to view these videos before students begin testing. Topics covered in the videos include:
- School Account
- Student Testing
- Resetting the Tests
- Tie-Breaker Process
- All registration, testing, school login, administration, and billing will take place online.
- All ties will be broken online. The first tiebreaker will be administered during each initial test. Each test has been assigned tiebreaker questions from other series. The tiebreaker questions will be graded only if the student ties for first through third place. If additional tiebreakers are needed, the testing coordinator will be sent an email that details the instructions and names of students who need to be tested.
- The entire process relies upon the email address that is submitted on the order form, as school codes and other login instructions will be emailed to the testing coordinator.
- The initial school order must be placed between January 10 and 20. Whether you order 1 test or 100, the initial order must be placed during the ordering window. No school will be allowed late registration.
- If you want to make any additions to your order form, please DO NOT submit a new initial order. Schools that placed their initial test order during the January 10-20 ordering window may purchase additional tests any time up until the end of the testing period, as long as those additional tests can be completed by the testing deadline. Using the school testing coordinator login credentials that each school receives upon placing an order, a school can log in to its school portal on the TestPoint ™ site and order additional tests. For example, if a school orders tests on January 14, that school can order additional tests any time before the testing window closes on February 20.
- No refunds will be provided for tests that were ordered but never taken.
- Once the testing window closes at the end of the day on February 20, please check the email that you listed on the order form to see if any of your students need to take any additional tiebreaker tests. Once the emails are sent out, each student has three days to take the tiebreaker test.
- While the program is designed for PCs or Macs (desktop or laptop) in a computer lab, if a school can maintain secure testing procedures, students may test with iPads, certified Android tablets, and Microsoft Surface tablets.
- View the Academic Testing Competition Program full-color informational flyer here.
The testing service is available at http://testpoint.net/testing-products/academic-testing. Click the “Order Form” link to register for the tests. Please do not begin ordering until January 10.
We trust that the TestPoint ™ ATCP will enable many of your students to participate in the NCCSA Fine Arts competition program this year — without ever leaving your campus!